Andover voters approved two bond issue questions on Tuesday, May 9 that will fund over $188 million dollars worth of school and athletic projects. Here are the unofficial results of the election:
Question #1: Yes: 2412 No: 815
Question #2: Yes: 1772 No: 1452
The bond issue includedL
Proposition 1: $168.8 million that results in NO bond mill rate increase:
- Build storm shelters onto Cottonwood Elementary, Robert Martin Elementary, Sunflower Elementary, Andover Middle, Andover Central Middle & Andover Central High School.
- Add secure entrances and renovate Cottonwood Elementary, Prairie Creek Elementary, Robert Martin Elementary, Sunflower Elementary, Wheatland Elementary, Andover Middle, Andover Central Middle & Andover Central High School.
- Build a new Meadowlark Elementary on a new site.
- Build a new Andover High School on the same site and keep existing gyms.
- Add additional preschool programming.
- Upgrade district athletic facilities including middle school tracks and tennis, Andover High School stadium, locker rooms & parking and enhance Andover Central High School stadium to host home events.
- Build a district tennis complex.
- Address district-wide necessary facility improvements
- Renovate existing Meadowlark building for District Office, Support Services & Andover eCademy.
Proposition 2: $19.805 million that results in a 2.3 mill rate increase:
- Build a district pool to provide a place for curriculum, swimming & diving teams.
- Construct new career & professional studies center.
- Add artificial turf to varsity softball and baseball fields.
- The mill rate increase on a $100,000 home for proposition 2 would be $26.45 per year, just over $2 per month.
CLICK HERE TO SEE CONCEPTUAL MAPS OF THE 2017 BOND ELECTION.