|Oct. 9 Bond Report|
Posted Date: 10/10/2017
Each month, a combined report by Andover USD 385, Hutton Construction & Icon Structures is given to the Board of Education on Bond projects. For Oct. 9, 2017, the report included:
- SJCF and Executive Director of Operations David Jackson worked on “District Standards” for the past three months. Standards keep things consistent throughout the district on all projects. Examples of standards are floor coverings, lighting, doors & hardware, windows, cabinets, countertops, HVAC units, electrical, fire alarm systems, roof materials, and playground surfaces. Visits to other facilities helped determine available options for USD 385 facilities.
- We continue seeking advancements in efficiencies and safety.
- Examples: All weather/ADA compliant playground surfaces (no mulch every year), HVAC equipment (no belts to change) and stainless steel gas chambers (25-year non-prorated warranty) and safety film for glass around entry vestibules that is “intruder resistant.”
- Plans were approved 9/19, by the Building Committee for:
- Baseball/Softball Turf Fields at ACHS/AHS, with a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) not to exceed $3,000,000. Hutton sent out an RFP and bids are due 10/12. Construction will start in late October or early November, with a goal of the fields being ready this season.
- Elementary Additions/ AHS/ ACHS
- SJCF, Icon Structures, Mr. Jackson, Mr. White and a group of administrators and teachers visited Olathe West High School & Lansing High School on 9/29. It is critical to the design process to get an idea of “what is out there” prior to plans being developed for AHS.
- HS Planning Meetings began 9/14 with staff (review of Ed. Specs. set by previous committees)