The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:
- Incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth;
- To care for the employee's child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- To care for the employee's spouse, son, daughter, or parent who has a serious health condition;
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee's job; or
- When called for or on active military duty status.
If you know you will be absent due to an FMLA-eligible reason, please contact Julie Rogers, Benefits Coordinator, at (316) 218-4660. For more information on FMLA, visit the Wage and Hour Division website at www.dol.gov/whd/fmla.