Congratulations to Dr. Kristen Craft, principal at Andover High School, who has been named the High School Principal of the Year by the Kansas Principals Association.
During her time at AHS, the school has:
- Implemented a Student Improvement Team to monitor the academic progress of at-risk students.
- Created affirmations for staff members to send positive feedback to one another.
- Combated vaping with a Trojan Take Back program that emphasizes positive support vs. punitive measures.
- Created a Multi-Ethnic Student Advisory Council to ensure all students feel included and that AHS celebrates all races, ethnicities and cultures.
- Rolled out a 1:1 Chromebook initiative, giving students better access to technology.
- Opened a new school building during a pandemic that led to hybrid learning.
Craft, who is in her fifth year at AHS, will be invited to be honored in Washington, D.C., with principals of the year from other states.