We're proud that our high schools have been recognized as being among the best in the Wichita area and in Kansas, according to U.S. News and World Report's Best High Schools rankings released today:
• Andover Central High School, ranked #1 among Wichita metro schools and #8 in Kansas.
• Andover High School, ranked #3 among Wichita metro schools and #13 in Kansas.
The rankings take into account six indicators on school quality:
- College readiness, based on the proportions of 12th graders who took and earned a qualifying school on AP and/or IB exams.
- College curriculum breadth, based on proportions of 12th grade students who took and earned a qualifying score on AP and/or IB exams in multiple content areas.
- Math and reading proficiency, based on student performance on state-required tests.
- Math and reading performance, based on whether performance on state assessments exceeded expectations given the school’s proportion of underserved students.
- Underserved student performance, based on how Black, Hispanic and low-income students performed on state assessments compared with those who are not underserved in the state.
- Graduation rate, based on the proportion of students who entered ninth grade in 2015-2016 and graduated four years later.
Thank you to all of the educators, staff members, administrators, students, families and community members who continue to strive for excellence in our schools! #ExploreEngageEmpower