The Sub Station (Substitute Teacher Newsletter)
August 5, 2015
WELCOME BACK, SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS!!!
June 24, 2015
June 2015 Newsletter
June 24, 2015
Returning Substitute Teachers
I wanted to pass along a few updates before the school year begins:
- If you were a substitute teacher in good standing last year, you should have received an "Intent to Return" form by mail. Please complete and return the form to me by June 30. I will be updating substitute information in Aesop as I receive the forms.
- On Monday, August 3, I will be conducting a New Substitute Teacher Orientation Session. This year's orientation will include several guest speakers and topics such as:
- Student/Teacher Relationships
- Social Media
- Technology in the Classroom
- What Teachers Expect from Substitutes
- A Day-in-the-Life of a Substitute Teacher
If you are a returning substitute teacher and would like to attend the orientation as a "refresher," please let me know. I will do my best to make sure there is room for you to attend.
- Beginning with the 2015-16 school year, USD 385 will be utilizing a new online system for maintaining personnel files called "TalentEd Records." You will be receiving more information about Records, including your Login ID and Password, after the beginning of the school year.
- We are excited to announce our transition to an online website for you to access your payroll information and request various payroll changes. The website is called "Employee Portal" and will allow you to see your payroll checks, W-2s, and current benefits and deductions. You will also be able to make requests to change the following:
- Address and/or phone number
- Emergency Contacts
- Direct Deposit Information
- Federal and State withholding exemptions
If you have not yet logged into the Employee Portal, please contact me for instructions on setting up your profile.
That's all for now. I hope everyone is having a great summer, and I look forward to seeing you all again once school starts on August 13!