Andover USD 385 cooperates with community groups and organizations that sponsor activities of an educational/enrichment nature for students by distributing materials electronically via Peachjar. As part of our efforts to be more environmentally friendly, embrace innovative technology and maintain fiscal responsibility, we have transitioned from paper to electronic flyer delivery.
To request flyer approval, follow the steps below. Once approved (please see approval criteria below), your flyer will be emailed to all parents at selected schools and posted online. Paper flyers from outside organizations will not be distributed.
- Visit https://www.peachjar.com/
- Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
- Upload your flyer for approval. Peachjar charges a fee for this service.
- If non-profit organization, email proof of non-profit status to email@example.com after uploading your flyer through Peachjar. Your flyer will not be approved for distribution until this is received.
- PLEASE NOTE: Flyers are approved three times a week, so dependent on when you upload, it may be 24-48 hours before your flyer is approved/denied for distribution.
- First, flier(s) will be approved by the Communications Department through Peachjar. District staff will approve or deny materials based on the standards and policies approved by the Board of Education. No guarantee of distribution date can or will be given.
- Andover USD 385 does not typically distribute flyers of a commercial nature or from for-profit organizations unless the district has an existing sponsorship agreement with an organization.
- To ensure families receive adequate information and to minimize questions directed to school staff, fliers must include the following:
- Fliers must contain this disclaimer: “This is not an Andover Unified School District 385 sponsored program or activity. Approval to distribute flyers does not imply endorsement. USD 385 accepts no liability or responsibility for this program/activity.”
- The disclaimer must be on the front of the flier, in a location where it is easy to see, in a minimum of 10 point upper and lower case type.
- The name of the sponsoring organization
- If the sponsoring organization is nonprofit, under the name put “a nonprofit organization”
- Date of event
- Time of event
- Location of event
- Program Cost – The flier must describe the full cost for participants, including but not limited to registration, amount required to be raised through fundraising or in lieu of cash payment, equipment purchase or lease. NOTE: Payment must be made to the government agency or nonprofit charitable organization sponsoring the activity.
- Phone Number / Contact Information
- Athletic leagues must include information about when students will be participating and competing, i.e., “the season is May-June,” or “practices are held after school one day a week and games are held on Saturdays.”
- Laws/Rules: Text and graphics on fliers must comply with existing laws, district standards and school rules. For example, text and graphics on fliers may not denigrate any group; promote the violation of school rules; depict drugs, tobacco, alcohol, violence, fighting, intimidation, weapons, gang/cult affiliation or inappropriate language; or be sexually suggestive. Religious symbols and graphics including, but not limited to, witches, devils and angels are typically not permitted.
- Use of Facilities: If fliers describe non-school activities held at an Andover school site, the sponsoring organization must complete the District facilities use process and be approved before the flier can be distributed.
- Staff Assistance: Because of the educational demands, school staff typically cannot assist community organizations during the school day, for example by collecting sign-up forms.
- Comply with Board and Administrative Policies: All materials must comply with rules and regulations set forth in Andover Unified School District 385 Board Policies and Administrative Regulations including, but not limited to, KI - Distributing Materials in Schools, JHCA - Student Publications, JK - Solicitation- Students and JR - Student Records which can all be found on BoardDocs.