Non-Academic Tests, Questionnaires, Surveys and Exams
Kansas law requires parental notification and opt-in for certain non-academic tests, questionnaires, surveys or examinations (NTQSE).
Non-academic tests, questionnaires, surveys or examinations ask questions about private attitudes, values and beliefs as well as practices of a student, parent, guardian, family member, associate, friend and/or peer. Screeners and other measures that impact academic progress and instructional practices are not subject to this law.
What is included in the law:
- Parent/guardian must be notified in writing no more than four months prior to the administration of the NTQSE.
- Notification must include a copy of the NTQSE; a description for how a parent provides written consent; the name of the company or entity that developed the NTQSE; and how the data will be used.
- Parent/guardian must opt-in with consent in writing or electronic signature for each NTQSE.
- Students may choose to opt-out of a NTQSE, and must be informed of that right.
- A copy of each NTQSE must be posted on the district's website.
District NTQSE questions can be found below.
- Andover Center for Advanced Professional Studies
- Andover eCademy
- Andover Central High School
- Andover Central Middle School
- Andover High School
- Andover Middle School
- Cottonwood Elementary School
- Meadowlark Elementary School
- Prairie Creek Elementary School
- Robert Martin Elementary School
- Sunflower Elementary School
- Wheatland Elementary School