Meal Charge Policy
Andover Public Schools Meal Charge Policy
Andover Public Schools Meal Charge Policy 2023-24 - When a student account balance has been exhausted by a meal charge, less than $.01, no additional charges shall be permitted. (Up to 3) Alternative meals shall be provided for “paid” and “reduced fee” account holders awaiting additional funds to be added to their account.
- PowerSchool will be set to allow notifications when meal account balances fall below $15.00. Account holders will need to activate notifications in their PowerSchool account. Please note that PowerSchool updates overnight. Account balances may not reflect charges or payments until the following day.
- All account holders will receive a weekly email notification of account balances.
- Accounts with a balance under $10 will receive an automated phone call notification daily until funds have been added to the account.
- Account holders with a balance of less than $.01 will be contacted directly by food service staff.
- Payments may be made by debit/credit card online using RevTrak.
- Payments may be made by cash or check at the student’s school.
- Payments may be made by cash or check at Support Services, 202 W. Market St.
- Payments made online and/or at Support Services after 9:00 a.m. will be credited to the account the following day.
Free and Reduced Priced Meals
- Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals.
- Paper copies are available at attendance sites or Support Services.
- Should your financial situation change, the Application for Free and Reduced Priced Meals is available at all times.
End of Year, Graduation, Withdraw
- All negative balances must be paid in full.
- Balances carry over to the following school year.
- Balances remaining at graduation, or withdraw from the district may be transferred to a sibling's account by contacting Bonnie Scarth, email@example.com or by calling 316-218-4603.
- Refunds due to transfers, graduations, etc., may be requested by contacting Bonnie Scarth, firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 316-218-4603 within 90 days of the last day of attendance.
- Balances remaining at graduation, or at the time of leaving the district that are not requested to be refunded or transferred shall be donated to the Food Service Support Fund account to support students in need of assistance.
By July 1, 2017, all school food authorities (SFAs) operating the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and /or School Breakfast Program (SBP) must have a written unpaid meal charge policy
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.