Andover Public Schools prides itself as a center of excellence, with educators who strive to find innovative ways to connect with, inspire and advance each child.
Innovation & technology
- Each student in middle school and high school receives a Chromebook to aid in research and presentation skills.
- Many of our elementary and middle school classrooms host virtual sessions with authors and experts throughout the world to give students a global perspective.
- Involvement in the Kansans Can School Redesign Project to ensure our schools are structured to maximize the success of each student.
Andover Public Schools has a close working relationship with the Andover Police Department. Through a partnership with APD, four school resource officers are assigned to our schools to help protect students and educate them about safety-related topics. In addition, each of our schools has a designated storm shelter or shelters, and each has controlled-access entry.
As of the 2023-24 school year, Andover USD 385 is a closed enrollment district, meaning students must live within the district boundaries to attend school in Andover Public Schools. View the district boundary map or visit this website to find out where you are located in the District. If you are unsure whether a home or land you are considering purchasing is within our district boundary, please call 316-218-4660 to verify.
Cottonwood, Robert Martin and Wheatland Elementary Schools move up to Andover Middle School and Andover High School. Meadowlark, Prairie Creek and Sunflower Elementary Schools move up to Andover Central Middle School and Andover Central High School. Students living anywhere in the state of Kansas may attend Andover eCademy.
Andover Public Schools enjoys strong backing from its community. Voters have consistently shown their support for the district by approving bond issues to enhance facilities. Most recently, in 2017, voters approved bond construction projects that included:
- Replacing Andover High School and Meadowlark Elementary School
- Constructing a new Center for Advanced Professional Studies
- Additions and secure entries for all elementary and middle schools
- New athletics facilities, including new baseball and softball turf fields, Jaguar Stadium, improvements at Trojan Stadium, aquatics center and tennis complex
- New District Office
U.S. News & World Report has named Andover one of the top 50 best places to live in the country, and it consistently ranks among the safest cities in Kansas. Homes in the Andover school district are minutes from big-city shopping, dining and entertainment in Wichita. Click here to visit the City of Andover website.